I have a Master’s degree in education with certification in special education. Having taught special education for 20 years in Maryland public schools, I am highly qualified to navigate the often murky waters of the I.E.P. team process.
To focus on academic areas of need through the tutorial/advocacy process.
1992-2008: Harford County Public Schools , Harford County Maryland
Special Education Teacher
- Implementation of Individual Education Plans for developmentally disabled children grades Pre-K through 5.
- Preparation for and active participation in the I.E.P. meeting process involving special education students and their parents.
- Ongoing discussion of academic needs with teachers and parents to plan strategies for success.
- Administration of assessments to determine reading and math levels, as well as skill development in other areas.
- Training in and use of Orton Gillingham Reading Program
- Training in and extensive use of Wilson Reading Program
December 2004: Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland
- Completed a planned program of study for 30 credits beyond a Master’s Degree
- Concentration in Instructional Technology with an emphasis on Special Education Curriculum
September 1995: Towson University, Towson, Maryland
- M.A. Early Childhood Education
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude
Walking in nature, spending time with my family, volunteering, gardening, reading, counted cross stitch, music and dancing.
Katy Bosserman, M.Ed.